Are you interested in Alberta First Responder Radio Communication Systems and have experience with them? Then, WCI would love to have you on our team! Check this page frequently to see our upcoming job offers.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Senior RF Technician
WCI Whyte Communications Inc is a supplier of technical support for major communications systems in the greater Edmonton area and is looking to add to their already established technical team. Work performed is primarily for the public safety sector and municipalities and will provide exposure to advanced wireless systems and 911 dispatch. We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package, a positive and fun work environment and an opportunity to work independently.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform the configuration, installation, and service of telecommunications equipment, including conventional radio systems
- Apply analytical skills and thinking to resolve problems
- Basic diagnostics, radio programming, and testing by watt meter, basic service monitor use, modulation, channel bandwidths and signal levels
- Perform the configuration, installation and tune antenna multi-coupler systems, duplexers and transmit combiners
- Accurately record time and materials on service orders for all assigned work using internal operating systems and procedures
- Participate in travel, overtime, and on-call duties as required
- 1-3 years’ experience in telecommunications industry
- Knowledge and experience with Avtech, Zetron, Eventide, Kenwood and Harris product preferred
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and criminal record check
- The candidate must be able to occasionally lift, climb or carry. Being reasonably fit is necessary
- Demonstrate punctuality, reliability, and excellent work ethic
- Work well under pressure with minimal direction and properly plan for their work prior to its commencement
- Is mechanically and electronically minded
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org