Are you interested in Alberta First Responder Radio Communication Systems and have experience with them? Then, WCI would love to have you on our team! Check this page frequently to see our upcoming job offers.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Senior RF Technician
WCI Whyte Communications Inc is a supplier of technical support for major communications systems in the greater Edmonton area and is looking to add to their already established technical team. Work performed is primarily for the public safety sector and municipalities and will provide exposure to advanced wireless systems and 911 dispatch. We offer competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package, a positive and fun work environment and an opportunity to work independently.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform the configuration, installation, and service of telecommunications equipment, including conventional radio systems
- Apply analytical skills and thinking to resolve problems
- Basic diagnostics, radio programming, and testing by watt meter, basic service monitor use, modulation, channel bandwidths and signal levels
- Perform the configuration, installation and tune antenna multi-coupler systems, duplexers and transmit combiners
- Accurately record time and materials on service orders for all assigned work using internal operating systems and procedures
- Participate in travel, overtime, and on-call duties as required
- 1-3 years’ experience in telecommunications industry
- Knowledge and experience with Avtech, Zetron, Eventide, Kenwood and Harris product preferred
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and criminal record check
- The candidate must be able to occasionally lift, climb or carry. Being reasonably fit is necessary
- Demonstrate punctuality, reliability, and excellent work ethic
- Work well under pressure with minimal direction and properly plan for their work prior to its commencement
- Is mechanically and electronically minded
Fleet Services & Public Safety Sales Representative (Outbound)
WCI Whyte Communications Inc., a leader in the Public Safety Industry, currently has a career opportunity for a DYNAMIC sales representative for our team. The successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic and enthusiasm for accomplishing company and personal goals. This position will involve development of new clients. If you enjoy an exciting and fun work environment that recognizes a job well done, then you should apply today.
WCI is the sales and warranty center for several major public safety manufacturers, which includes Emergency Lighting, Sirens, Traffic Radar, and Video systems to the enforcement and security market. You will be expected to provide consistently excellent customer service experience by maintaining the highest degree of courtesy, confidentiality and professionalism.
Maintaining a strong knowledge of products and accessories in Public Safety equipment is the key to success. The outbound sales representative will be responsible for all sales activities in assigned regions and accounts. You will manage the quality and consistency of product and service delivery and be responsible for the sourcing and service of new accounts.
There will be significant local travel on a daily basis, consisting of the Edmonton area with day trips to the surrounding area as assigned. This position may require some overnight travel and occasional evening/weekend work.
- 2-5 Years of sales experience ideally in public safety
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Mechanical aptitude and a quick learner
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced team environment
- Clean drivers abstract
Remuneration will depend on your experience. WCI provides a good base remuneration and benefits plan. Earning potential will increase with knowledge, ability, and productivity. WCI offers a relaxed and informal work environment where independence and motivation are encouraged.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org